Please familiarize yourself with this information and share it with your parade participants. All entries are subject to inspection by parade officials. Any entry that does not comply with these regulations will be denied participation in the parade or will be subject to expulsion and all fees paid will be forfeited.
- All entries MUST be operated in a legal, safe and ethical manner and comply with law enforcement and Bucarader directions and community standards of good taste. Any lewd, lascivious behavior or profane music will not be tolerated and will be grounds for expulsion from the parade. The consumption of drugs or alcohol by parade participants is strictly prohibited.
- Advertising or promotion for political candidates or issues is prohibited. Advertising or promotion for commercial purposes is prohibited on or with any parade unit unless a $100 commercial entry fee has been paid. Commercial entries may display only the name of the business/organization submitted on the original entry form. Additional signage, logos, banners, etc. identifying any other business/organization will require an additional $100 commercial entry fee to be paid.
- All marchers, walkers, etc., not riding on floats or miscellaneous units, must be 4 to 14 years of age. Children under 4 years of age should not be marching in the parade, but can be pulled in wagons, on floats, etc. All marchers, walkers and riders MUST remain with their unit in their assigned position in the staging area and proceed in a steady and continuous manner during the parade, maintaining a minimum of 40 ft. between entries. No phones/texting is allowed by participants on floats while on parade route.
- All entries MUST have flame-retardant decorations or other materials and a working and easily accessible fire extinguisher. Smoking in/on units is not permitted. No entry may exceed 65 ft. in length or 14 ft. in height.
- All towed entries MUST have an approved safety chain between the tow vehicle and the unit/float. All entries MUST have sufficient fuel to operate gas-powered generators. Generators should not be started until the parade begins in order to preserve fuel. DO NOT add fuel to hot generators!
- All floats and miscellaneous entries MUST have easily accessible entrance and exit for participants/riders and a clear, unobstructed view for drivers/operators. Drivers MUST have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Convertible vehicles are not allowed except those provided by the Bucaraders for VIPs/dignitaries.
- Objects, such as candy, gum, flowers, samples, coupons, flyers, etc., may NOT be thrown from or otherwise distributed to spectators by any entry or participant.
- Horse units must provide a "pooper scooper" to follow the entry to ensure public safety and sanitation.
- In the event of an emergency, vehicle breakdown or equipment failure, entries should be moved promptly away from or off the parade route so as not to impede parade traffic, spectator view or emergency vehicles. All issues of public safety rest expressly with the Corpus Christi Police Department.
- All entries MUST disperse quickly and safely from the break-up area at the end of the parade route. There will be no "holding area" for floats or miscellaneous units at the end of the parade. Stopping, blocking units behind you from proceeding or unloading participants is NOT permitted until instructed to do so by parade officials.
The undersigned confirms they have read, understand and agree to abide by the above regulations and accepts responsibility to convey this information to all persons participating in the unit represented by the undersigned